Investment opportunities in thriving beauty sector
'Frankie's' marked British Beauty Week with a special event focused on 'raising capital for businesses in the beauty and wellness sector' as part of the Home Grown Investor Series.
A panel were interviewed by Francesca Smith, Strategic Financial Planner for Jarrovian Wealth, giving a fascinating insight to the challenges and opportunities for early stage businesses in raising investment in the beauty and wellbeing space. More than 100 guests attended the event at Home Growns Private Members Club in London to listen to a discussion on a range of topics including:
• Raising capital: What company founders should focus on and what opportunities there are for investors?
• Market challenges: What resilience the sector has shown and what can be learned from other founders?
• The importance of sustainability.
• How can brands optimise their visibility and stand out in a crowded market?
The audience heard how interest in investing in beauty remains high, with strong returns being delivered across the sector largely thanks to advancements in innovation, technology and e-commerce.
The panel included:
• Fiona Glen, Director of Projects at Beauty Brands consultancy The Red Tree, who is passionate about supporting female founders.
• Delilah Saxena, business development specialist at Velocity Juice which helps drive business growth for emerging startups.
• Hugo Sunnucks of Venture Capital experts Velocity Capital.
• Matt Kennedy, CEO and Founder of Fussy, a sustainable personal care brand.
• Matthew Kelly, Founder of Spacegoods which has created a thriving drinks range from mushroom powders to rival coffee and other supplements.
Paul Smith Associates: Paul Smith Tel: +44 (0)7771 623 007; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frankie's is an exclusive membership network inspiring businesswomen to connect, collaborate and engage with finance. Dedicated to encouraging women to build their knowledge of finance, enabling them to flourish and grow in their professional careers or entrepreneurial ventures, Frankie's provides a forum where women can build confidence to take control of personal financial decisions.
For more information, please see:
PAUL SMITH ASSOCIATES
7th November 2023